We've collated the most important questions and information to gather when escalating a report of a problem with ConSol Mobile to the ConSol team.
To best understand how to investigate and resolve a problem, it's helpful to know the following
- Device model name i.e iPhone X, Samsung Galaxy 20 or Google Pixel 3
- The operating software version i.e iOS 13.3.1
- The version of ConSol Mobile currently being used.
Is certain functionality not working as expected? Perhaps it requires permission to be granted within the device to work. The following require specific permissions:
- Location Services: If permissions are turned off, the app won't be able to watermark images taken with ConSol Mobile.
- Gallery/Photos: Permission to store photos taken via ConSol Mobile is essential if users want a duplicate available outside of the app as default.
- Camera: Users will be unable to take photos using ConSol Mobile without permission to utilise the devices camera.
- Mobile Data: Individual apps can be disconnected from being operational under Mobile Data and only available in wifi. This setting would mean ConSol Mobile is unable to update orders in the field and may not open.
- Background App Refresh: Typically disabled to conserve battery and data, this can affect the speed at which updates to orders load when ConSol Mobile is not in active use.
Providing evidence and descriptions of issues builds a clear picture for the ConSol team to replicate and troubleshoot problems. Here are some very handy examples:
- Screenshots. These are especially handy for error messages, loading screen issues, and anything that looks out of the ordinary.
- Recounting steps: A walk through of the steps taken prior to experiencing an error makes it easier to replicate on our devices.
- Expectations: Describing what you were expecting to see, or what normally happens vs what happened this time is an easy way to report your experience.