ConSol Mobile allows you to adjust the quality settings of images taken with your device.
Users with newer mobile devices may find that default image settings generate images with very large file sizes. Adjusting the resolution and dimension settings allows for users to designate smaller image file sizes than the automatic 4MB resizing that is standard in ConSol Mobile.
1. Open the main menu in ConSol Mobile
2. Scroll to the bottom and select Settings
There are two settings available to adjust:
- Resolution: Image resolution refers to level of detail an image holds resulting in higher or lower clarity. Images that are high resolution with have a larger file size.
- Max Dimension: Image Dimension is the length and width of a digital image. An image with larger width and length will have a larger file size.
3. Select Resolution or Max Dimension to make changes
4. Adjust the relevant slider bar to sit at the level you wish to adjust to. Higher quality and image size will result in a larger file size.
5. Return to an Active job and take a photo with your device to confirm the quality of the image is acceptable after the settings changes.
Images taken within ConSol Mobile, on a device with high resolution image file size will be automatically compressed to 4MB when confirmed for use. You may not need to manually adjust your image settings as a result.