Contract Templates can be used to standardise the creation of contracts for Suppliers doing the same kind of work. This facilitates comparison of Suppliers when allocating Orders.
1. Select Contracts from the ConSol menu.
2. From the drop-down select Contract Templates.
3. Click the New Template.
4. Fill in the fields on the Contract Template as required.
Leave the Proposed Expiry Date blank if Contracts based on this Template are to be ongoing. Only enter a date if there is a set date on which Contracts need to be renegotiated for new orders starting after that date.
5. Click Submit
6. Click each tab and fill in the details of the tab as required.
7. As the details in each tab are entered, you can either click Save to save any changes. If you have finished working on the current tab, click Save & Complete.
8. When construction of the Template is finished, click Complete Contract Template.
Once a contract has been created using this template editing is no longer available, however, a copy can be made. Best practice denotes to have a few variations on a contract as possible, therefore, ensuring accuracy before use is key.
Your Contract Template can now be used to create Contracts. It cannot be applied to existing Contracts to make bulk changes. Thus, if your Contract Template lacks certain details, those details will have to be applied to each Contract individually after the fact.