Bundle Items allow customers to link multiple relevant individual items together so as to allow for common items to be added to an order quickly. Bundle Items can be created as either Locked or Unlocked, dictating whether each individual item in the bundle is required in order to claim
Bundle items cannot be added to a Supplier’s contract rates. Instead, they function as a collection of individual items with no price associated with them.
1. Select Components from the ConSol menu
2. From the drop-down, select Schedule Items
3. Click Create New Item
4. Enter the details of your new item, ensuring that ‘Bundle’ is selected.
5. Click Add on the far right
6. On the following page, determine whether or not this is to function as a Locked bundle by selecting the checkbox.
Locked bundles: These bundles enable the concept of a ‘whitelist’ or a list of claimable items to be defined. For orders issued with a ‘Locked Bundle’ item, the items in the bundle are not added to the order but represent the only items that the supplier can claim for. When allocating orders containing a Locked Bundle, suppliers who can satisfy ANY item within the bundle are presented for selection
Unlocked bundles: These bundles provide either a scoped group of items, with appropriate quantities, that are normally all required to fulfil a task OR a suggested list of items that are added to the order and may be optionally included within the supplier’s claim. All items within the Unlocked Bundle are added to the order however the supplier can determine what they wish to claim against these items. The presence of the bundle does not preclude the supplier selecting other items on the claim.
7. Click Submit. Your Bundle is now available to add to the relevant service category.
8. Click on Components menu.
9. From the drop-down, select Service Categories.
10. Locate the relevant Category and click on the link in the Items column.
11. On the next screen, find the new bundle item in the Available Items list.
12. Click on the new bundle item(s) to add them to the Currently Selected Items.
13. Click Update.
With the bundle item created, it is now time to link items and other bundles to it. More instructions are available in our next guide on this topic.