Invoice batch uploads enable you to close approved invoices by providing relevant invoice payment details. If the batch upload fails, this may result in orders not being completed in ConSol and may affect reporting outcomes. You can check the status of your upload, correct any errors within your CSV import file, and re-upload to prevent any delays in resolving orders.
1. Select Interface from the ConSol menu
2. From the drop-down click Find Batch Jobs
3. Enter your user id and 'Invoices for Payment Upload' as the batch type and the relevant date range, in the search criteria and click Search.
If left unedited, the search criteria pre-fills with a from date of the previous day and will only retrieve jobs from the previous day to the current time.
4. All relevant uploads will be listed with the below status:
- COMPLETE: meaning the upload was successful
- FAILED: outlining that some or all lines of the file failed to meet the criteria for upload.
5. Select the View link next to any job to see the information that was processed from the import file
6. From the Success drop-down menu, select Error Items Only and click Submit to view only the error items.
7. Each error item will identify the location (line) of the data from your original CSV spreadsheet in the range column. Take note of the row number. The invoice information for each line is detailed in the Batch Summary.
8. The error message, outlining the reason for the failure appears under each line in bold. This outlines what needs to be updated before re-submitting the file. There may be more than one reason for failure associated to a line.
9. Navigating out of ConSol, you will now need to correct the data for each error line in your original import CSV. file and re-upload to ConSol.
Here are some details of common errors found in Failed files:
|No Payment Date specified. Invoice Skipped.
|The Payment Date is required for the upload to be successful.
|Invoice at the wrong status. Current status is CLO.
|The Invoice has already been paid and closed, no further action is required and no further updates can be made, reference to that invoice should be removed from the input file
|'*****' is not a valid date. The date format is dd/MM/yyyy
|The format of the date column is incorrect on this line. Some versions of excel automatically format the year to display as 19 rather than the required 2019
|Payment date is before the issue date.
|The payment date is incorrect. Correct the value of the Payment Date field, since payment should not be able to precede the issuance.