It may be determined that an Order was overcharged (e.g. fewer items or hours of labour used to fulfil the order than were claimed). In this case the Customer may generate a ‘Credit Note’ to refund some of the cost of the Order, which you must accept for it to be applied to the Invoice.
A Credit Note arrives to you as an “Order” and needs to be processed as such.
1. Select Worklist from the ConSol menu
2. From the drop down, select All
3. Scroll down to the Orders section and click Orders Not Yet Accepted.
4. Click the Action button next to the Order (Credit Note) you wish to process.
5. Click View Original Order to view the Original Order details in a separate window.
6. From the main screen you can now respond to the credit note in three ways:
- Select Accept and Continue, to accept the credit note without any changes
- Select Reject Unless Variations Agreed, to accept but with further changes to the listed Items in the Credit note. You will need to request the variation as normal.
- Select Refuse should you not wish to accept the credit note
7. Assuming the credit note is Accepted, the Order is available for further action via the Work In Progress worklist
8.To process recovery of the Credit Note amount, you will be required to Submit a Claim on the order as normal.
Submit a Claim for payment of the Credited amount. The Credit Note moves from status DONE AWAITING CLAIM to status DONE – CLAIM SUBMITTED. The customer is notified by email that the Credit Note has been submitted.