This workflow is only for users set up with the Senior or Hide Rates template, users set up with the Junior template will not be able to process a Variation Request. If you need to make any adjustments to the scope of the order (items, quantities or costs), you can do so by sending a variation request to the Customer for their approval.
1. Select Worklist on the ConSol menu
2. From the drop down, select All
3. Scroll down to the Orders section and click Work In Progress.
4. Click the Action button next to the Order on which you need to request a variation
5. Scroll to the bottom of the Order In Progress screen and click the Request Variation. The Items screen appears. At this stage you can request variations to multiple items on the order.
Should your order contain a Locked Bundle, a setting on your contract may limit you to only request a variation for items within the bundle. If you can Request a Variation for items outside of the Locked Bundle, another contract setting may constrain you to only be able to Request Items for which you have a contractually agreed rate. If these setting need to be changed, please contact your Customer Contract Manager.
1. Locate the Item with the incorrect Qty.
2. Enter the new quantity in the Requested Qty field
1. Locate the At Cost Item (Supplier specified rates only) with the incorrect value.
2. Enter the new value in the Unit Rate field
Add Additional Items:
1. Scroll to the bottom of the Request Variation screen select Add More Items. New blank items are added to the Items list
2. Click the magnifying glass icon to select from a list of items.
3. Click the Item ID of the item you need to add.
4. If necessary, enter a Comment about the item (e.g. why it is required).
5. If necessary, enter the correct item rate excluding GST in the Unit Rate.
6. Enter the Requested Qty
7. As each line of the Order is updated, the totals are automatically recalculated.
- Order Total = the original Order total prior to starting this variation request.
- Requested Total = original Order total and the variations on this request.
- Supplier’s Variations = total of variations on this request.
8. Enter a reason for the requested variation(s) in the Variation Comments.
9. Click the Request Variation button.
A notification email and ConSol message are sent to the Customer advising that a variation request has been submitted. The Order is now with the customer for them to either approve or reject your request. When the Customer responds to the Request for Variation, you will receive an email and ConSol message notification.