If excavation is required on a site you are to work on, an Excavation Permit survey must be completed. In most cases, requirement for excavation on OMMA orders is identified before the order is sent to you and you will not be able to accept the order and commence work unless the survey has been submitted and approved.
However, should you find once arriving on site that the work requires excavation and this was not flagged on your order, you can and must initiate the survey yourself
1. You will need to contact DBYD immediately to obtain the relevant risk documentation. An email escalation to your Tandem FCM is also required at this stage to notify them of the change of scope.
Best practice is to begin the survey within ConSol as you wait to hear from DBYD.
1. Locate the relevant order
2. Click on the Surveys tab
3. Click the Start New button next to the Excavation Permit Survey
4. Review the order details and click Next
5. Advise that you have contacted DBYD and select Save & Close. You can return to the survey once the documents arrive.
Initiating the survey at this stage alerts Tandem and Telstra that a survey has begun and will need review. Upon initiation of the survey, your order will be pulled back to a 'Not Yet Accepted' status and you will not be able to proceed till the survey is submitted and approved.
If you have initiated the survey in error (ie you just clicked the button to see what would happen), you can cancel the survey, which will remove it entirely from the order.
6. Once you've received the DBYD documents, return to the order.
7. Navigate to the surveys tab and click Resume
8. Click the paperclip icon to upload the relevant documentation provided by DBYD and click Next
You can multi-select files from your file centre for loading. Attachments in emails will need to be saved as seperate files. Only image, document, spreadsheet and message files are able to be added. No zip or video files.
8. To delete any of the files you've attached select Manage Documents
9. Click Delete next to the document you wish to remove. The survey will delete these in real time.
Any deletion of survey documents is recorded in the History tab of the order for your convenience.
10. Once all documents are uploaded click Next
You can return to this step of the survey as many times as needed to add or remove documents. Once submitted, however, the survey becomes read only and no further editing can occur.
11. On the next page, click through the available fields and drop downs to provide your assessment
12. A couple of optional text fields allow for the addition of supporting notes
13. Click Submit. The survey is now with the Telstra Reviewer team to assess and accept or reject. Excavation of the site may not begin without the approval from Telstra.
14. You can view your submitted survey and any previous submissions from the Surveys tab
15. Surveys at the SUBMITTED status that have not been reviewed are unable to be edited. Should you wish to adjust a response the submitted survey is required to be cancelled and re-completed. No documents or answers from previous submissions will carry through.