This walk through is to guide Supplier users through the process of submitting an Excavation Permit survey against a relevant order in ConSol.
The Excavation Permit survey is mandatory for orders under the OMMA category with excavation works required. Orders meeting these criteria are unable to move to the work in progress status without an approved survey.
Prior to commencing any excavation on site, you need to contact DBYD to identify what risk is associated with your proposed excavation activity. The purpose of the Excavation permit survey is to collect both the necessary context and documentation with which you will make your risk assessment of the excavation works.
This assessment must be approved before you can commence any excavation.
> Locate the order
> Trigger the Excavation Permit Survey
> Review the order details
If the order was not originally flagged by Tandem as requiring excavation please see this article outlining how to submit a survey as part of a variation process.
1. Select Worklist from the ConSol menu
2. From the drop down click All
3. Click Orders not yet accepted
OR, if you are administration staff and wish to manage the survey process without taking over the order you can do so via the Find Order screen.
1. Select Orders from the ConSol menu
2. From the drop down click Find Order
3. Type in the relevant B-number
4. Click Search
5. Find the relevant order and click on the Order ID
If you wish the order to not be visible to users within ConSol Mobile, acquiring the order by admin staff, via the Takeover option on the Not Yet Accepted Orders worklist, will achieve this outcome. An approved survey will automatically transition to Work in Progress and be available to users on the active job list in ConSol mobile once again.
6. The Accept and Accept and Continue buttons on the order have been disabled and a note is displayed advising that a survey need to be completed.
7. Click to the Surveys tab
8. Click Start New next to the Excavation Permit Survey
9. The survey will open in a seperate window.
10. Review the order details and click Next