If excavation is required on a site you are to work on, an Excavation Permit survey must be completed. In most cases, requirement for excavation on OMMA orders is identified before the order is sent to you and you will not be able to accept the order and commence work unless the survey has been submitted and approved.
However, should you find once arriving on site that the work requires excavation and this was not flagged on your order, you can and must initiate the survey yourself
1. You will need to contact DBYD immediately to obtain the relevant risk documentation. An email escalation to your Tandem FCM is also required at this stage to notify them of the change of scope.
2. Once you have received the pack including details of asset owners whose assets may be impacted by your excavation from DBYD locate the order in ConSol
3. Click on the Survey icon
4. Click the Start button next to the Excavation Permit Survey
5. Review the order details and click Next
Once you have initiated the survey, your order will be pulled back to a 'Not Yet Accepted' status and you will not be able to proceed till the survey is submitted and approved. If you have initiated the survey in error (ie you just clicked the button to see what would happen), you can cancel the survey. You will need to accept the order again if this is the case.
6. Advise if you have contacted DBYD
7. Click the paperclip icon to upload the relevant documentation provided by DBYD from the file menu on your device.
You can multi-select files from your file centre for loading. Attachments in emails will need to be saved as seperate files. Only image, document, spreadsheet and message files are able to be added. No zip or video files.
8. To delete any of the files you've attached select Manage Documents
9. Click Delete next to the document you wish to remove. The survey will delete these in real time.
Any deletion of survey documents is recorded in the History tab of the order for your convenience.
10. Once all documents are uploaded click Next
You can return to this step of the survey as many times as needed to add or remove documents. Once submitted, however, the survey becomes read only and no further editing can occur.
11. On the next page, click through the available fields and drop downs to provide your assessment
12. A couple of optional text fields allow for the addition of supporting notes
13. Click Submit. The survey is now with the Telstra Reviewer team to assess and accept or reject. Excavation of the site may not begin without the approval from Telstra.