Zones are used to determine the location of Orders and the availability and/or cost of Suppliers fulfilling the Order at that location. Different companies may divide geographical areas up differently. For this reason it may be necessary to map a Zone to a different company’s Zone, rather than editing a zone a manually.
1. Select Components from the ConSol menu.
2. From the drop down select Zones.
3. To filter the list of Zones, enter search criteria and click Search.
4. Click the icon in the Active column to either activate or deactivate a Zone.
Green tick is active. Red cross is deactivated. Each click switches between active and deactivated. Deactivating a Zone will mean new Orders cannot be created for that Zone. Existing Orders associated with that Zone are not affected by the deactivation. Zones cannot be deleted. They can only be deactivated.
5. To edit a Zone, click [Edit].
6. Edit the Zone as required then click Update.
If a Zone needs to be mapped to a different company's Zone, you can do the following:
1. Click [Zone Mapping].
2. Select the Customer and (if required) the State then click Search.
3. Tick the Zones to which this Zone maps.
4. When the required zones are selected, click Map Zones.